Italian Veggie Medley
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This blend of vegetables might sound a bit bizarre but they really do complement each other. Serve this as a side with anything from grilled steak to steaming pasta.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (16 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and basil and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and stir until bubbly. Add the wine and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until mixture thickens into a sauce.
- Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, salt, and pepper, and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through. Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.