Italian Veggie Medley
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This blend of vegetables might sound a bit bizarre but they really do complement each other. Serve this as a side with anything from grilled steak to steaming pasta.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (16 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and basil and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and stir until bubbly. Add the wine and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until mixture thickens into a sauce.
- Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, salt, and pepper, and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through. Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan cheese, and serve.