Italian Zucchini and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Top these veggies with other Italian cheeses, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, an aged cheese with a complex, sharp flavor. Or try Romano, which has a sharp, tangy, and slightly salty flavor.
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into -inch slices (about 4 large)
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
What to Do
- Drain 1 can of tomatoes. Stir together drained tomatoes, the remaining can of undrained tomatoes, the zucchini, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon or, to enjoy the juices, serve in small bowls. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!