We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're not talking about the kind of jelly you put on a sandwich with peanut butter. Nope, we're talking about pepper jelly. It's an unusual combination, but it's one we know you're going to love if you just give it a try. Our Jelly-Glazed Carrots make for an interesting snack or side dish the next time you're in the mood to try something a little crazy. Plus, they cook up in under 15 minutes, so you won't have to wait long to try 'em out!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2 pound) package baby carrots
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) jar red hot pepper jelly
What to Do
- Combine carrots and chicken broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in butter and jelly, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and glazes carrots.
We used hot pepper jelly to give these carrots an extra boost of flavor. Keep a couple of jars on hand- it's great over cream cheese, too, when you need an appetizer in a hurry.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.