Lemon Basil Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Green beans are always a classic, but topped with a lemon and basil marinade, we have a new all time favorite! Get ready for this one because after you try these Lemon Basil Green Beans, there's no going back to plain ol' green beens ever again!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans
What to Do
- Combine first 6 ingredients; cover and set aside while you prepare beans.
- Wash beans; trim ends, and remove strings. Cover beans with water. Bring to a boil, and boil 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- Pour marinade over beans. Cover and let stand at room temperature 45 minutes. Serve beans at room temperature.
To quickly chop fresh leafy herbs, such as basil, for this recipe, pack the herbs in a measuring cup, and snip them into little pieces with kitchen shears.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.