Lemon-Scented Sugar Snaps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Snap peas are such a great veggie to work into your meals, isn't it? We love this recipe for Lemon-Scented Sugar Snaps because they're just such a refreshing addition to your dinner table. This easy snap pea recipe only takes about ten minutes to cook up, making it a simple dish to throw together to accompany your chicken or beef main course. We even bet it'll make a nice addition to your potluck spread, so it's certainly a keeper!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Cook peas in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add peas, and saut 3 minutes. Add garlic and remaining ingredients. Saute 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To boil sugar snap peas ahead, follow step 1; then wrap the peas in paper towels, and place in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and chill up to 8 hours.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 149
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 487mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.6g 22 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!