We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe (that I first tried with some of that great Michigan asparagus) is now being done at buffets all around the country. Now you can do it, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound asparagus, lightly cooked (still crunchy), drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
What to Do
- Place the cooked asparagus in a shallow serving dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients: the vegetable oil, white vinegar, chopped pimientos, garlic, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, and mustard powder, in a jar or other leak-proof container; cover tightly and shake well. Pour over the asparagus, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
You can enjoy this even after asparagus season by using canned or frozen asparagus (and you don't even have to cook those first). And you can make it even easier by using 1/2 cup of a bottled Italian dressing instead of making this marinade from scratch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.