We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wow 'em with this alternative to mashed potatoes. They're just as smooth and creamy, so I bet your gang won't even miss the spuds.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds white turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place the turnips in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the turnips and the remaining ingredients until well combined; the mixture will be lumpy. Serve immediately.
No half-and-half in the refrigerator? Don't worry - you can use milk instead. Whole, 2%, or skim...it's your choice.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 185
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 683mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!