We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wow 'em with this alternative to mashed potatoes. They're just as smooth and creamy, so I bet your gang won't even miss the spuds.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds white turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place the turnips in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the turnips and the remaining ingredients until well combined; the mixture will be lumpy. Serve immediately.
No half-and-half in the refrigerator? Don't worry - you can use milk instead. Whole, 2%, or skim...it's your choice.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 185
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 683mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!