We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Never heard of yucca (except when the kids don't like something!)? It's a root vegetable with a bark-like outer skin. When it's peeled and boiled, it makes a unique-tasting side dish that sure gives mashed potatoes a run for their money!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 3-1/2 to 4 pounds fresh yucca, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cut the inner core out of the yucca and discard. Cut the yucca into thin half-circles and place in a soup pot.
- Add just enough water to completely cover the yucca. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain thoroughly and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher or fork until well combined. Serve immediately.
Yucca can usually be found in the produce department of your supermarket near the potatoes or with the ethnic fruits and vegetables.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!