Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage is the perfect go-along for almost any main dish. It's a simply delicious combination of cabbage and apples, simmered in cider and a few other great seasonings, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 2 red apples, cored, seeds removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!