Onion Cheese Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a contest winner that's a rich, smooth, flavorful casserole. It puts homemade taste on your table without any fuss at all.
What You'll Need
- 6 large onions, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
What to Do
- Place onions and water in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine the cooked onions, Cheddar cheese, flour, scallions, the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Place onion mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over onion mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
This is a great side dish for meat, chicken, or fish...whatever you like.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.