Orzo and Pea Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a refreshing change from the "same old, same old" cold summer salads! Rice-shaped orzo pasta teams with garden-fresh ingredients for the perfect bring-along for your next picnic or grilling day!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces dry orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups green peas, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar (original or roasted garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, green peas, onion, parsley, basil, and mint.
- In a medium bowl, combine the seasoned rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; whisk until well combined. Add to the pasta mixture and toss gently until well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to chill.
Recipe courtesy of Mizkan Americas