Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The garden fresh taste of our Amish-inspired Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans that come with a hint of savory bacon, is sure to warrant second helpings at dinner time.
What You'll Need
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cleaned, cut in half, and blanched (see Note)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add the remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until beans are tender. Serve immediately.
To blanch, cook the green beans in boiling water 3 to 5 minutes, drain, then plunge into cold water.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 147
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 391mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.9g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.