Pickled Jerusalem Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In a pickle for what to serve at your next party? Wow 'em with this no-fuss "fancy," and your parties will be the talk of the town!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (see Note)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight before serving.
Makes about 3 cups.
Jerusalem artichokes are different than regular artichokes, but can also be found in the produce section of your supermarket. They peel with a vegetable peeler as easy as can be.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!