Pickled Jerusalem Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In a pickle for what to serve at your next party? Wow 'em with this no-fuss "fancy," and your parties will be the talk of the town!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (see Note)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight before serving.
Makes about 3 cups.
Jerusalem artichokes are different than regular artichokes, but can also be found in the produce section of your supermarket. They peel with a vegetable peeler as easy as can be.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!