We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Okra, either you love it or you don't. But before you make up your mind, you've gotta try this pickled version. I bet it'll make fans of you and your family (or at least some of you)!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh okra, trimmed
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring all the ingredients except the okra to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the okra; mix well.
- Allow to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight before serving.
Makes about 5 cups.
I usually like to make this a few days ahead of time so the okra has lots of time to marinate and absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.