Quick Baked Falafel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a baked version of the popular Middle Eastern dish that is typically pan fried in lots of oil. Falafels are high in protein...and the taste is the tops!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15 to 19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade. Process until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. With palm of your hand, flatten balls into 1/2-inch thick patties. Spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides, turning halfway through cooking.
One serving is 3 or 4 patties in a warm pita bread with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They've got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they're drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they're going to make 'em disappear!