Quick Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's take a break from our traditional favorites of corn, broccoli, and peas, and give spinach another try. You never know, you might make a favorite of yesterday into a favorite of today!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter; add the spinach and stir until heated through.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir into the spinach.
- Cook, stirring, for another 1 to 2 minutes until creamy. Serve hot.
A dash or two of hot pepper sauce will give this a whole new taste...so experiment!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.