Quick Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's take a break from our traditional favorites of corn, broccoli, and peas, and give spinach another try. You never know, you might make a favorite of yesterday into a favorite of today!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter; add the spinach and stir until heated through.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir into the spinach.
- Cook, stirring, for another 1 to 2 minutes until creamy. Serve hot.
A dash or two of hot pepper sauce will give this a whole new taste...so experiment!