Quick Eggplant Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In a hurry? Make tonight an Italian night with our Quick Eggplant Parmigiana. This eggplant parmesan recipe is quick to make and so tasty that you'll want to make it all summer long. It cuts out the work of classic eggplant parmesan recipes but keeps all the flavor, so you can enjoy it any day of the week! This is our best eggplant parmesan recipe, hands down.
What You'll Need
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12- to 15-ounce) eggplant, trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup light spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano in a shallow dish; mix well. Place flour in another shallow dish and place eggs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour then eggs then bread crumb mixture, coating completely with each. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over eggplant slices then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Analysis, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association: Serving Size: 3 slices Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat Per serving: Calories 139 Calories from Fat 38 Protein 8g Carbohydrate 18g Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 372mg Sugars 5g Dietary Fiber 3g
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- Looking for even more amazing eggplant recipes? Then don't miss our full collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).