Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making Ratatouille ("Garden Relish") in the summer, because it's loaded with lots of fresh summer veggies. This easy ratatouille recipe can be eaten hot or cold and served as an entree or side dish. No matter how you serve it up, the whole gang will love this traditional ratatouille recipe and beg for it again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; mix well, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, basil, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- It's okay to freeze this classic ratatouille recipe if you're thinking of making it ahead of time!
- Looking for more easy veggie recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!