We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditionally, refried beans take hours of soaking, cooking, and mashing. Now, in under 10 minutes, you can be enjoying your own homemade refried beans!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Add the beans and salt, then mash gently with a potato masher or fork until thoroughly mashed.
- Continue cooking for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
These are great by themselves, but you could also use them in place of the ground beef filling in Muy Bueno Tacos if you want to make vegetarian tacos.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!