Roasted Tomatoes Oscar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy your tomatoes in a whole new way with our recipe for Roasted Tomatoes Oscar. We top roasted tomatoes with asparagus and hollandaise, which is known as Oscar-style, before digging in to a bounty of deliciousness!
What You'll Need
- 4 tomatoes, both ends removed, cut in half
- 16 spears asparagus, trimmed to about 6 inches in length
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (0.9-ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomato halves on baking sheet and place 2 asparagus spears on top of each tomato.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown. Just before serving, drizzle with warm hollandaise sauce.
- Remember, you can add crab or lobster to this recipe if you desire!
- Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness. One of the favorites around here is Roasted Brussels Sprouts -- check it out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".