Simple Red Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bingo! You found the easy side dish to complete your Mexican meal...with just four ingredients!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, undrained, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat; sauté the onion for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add 1-1/2 cans of beans and the cumin. Pour the remaining 1/2 can of beans into a small bowl and mash with a spoon; add to the saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Serve these beans with white rice for your own easy version of red beans and rice.