We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Today the big push is for each of us to eat at least five servings of fruit and veggies a day. Well, that's nothing new in the South, 'cause no Sunday meal was ever complete without serving at least three different veggies. Good old rutabagas will be a great change of pace dish for many of us!
What You'll Need
- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 pounds total)
- 1 piece (4 ounces) salt pork, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot, bring all the ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tender. Drain and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.