Skillet Fried Green Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love a Southern classic and that's exactly what these Skillet Fried Green Tomatoes are. No matter if you serve 'em up as an appetizer or alongside your favorite fried chicken recipe, everyone will be askin' for more!
What You'll Need
- 3 large green tomatoes, rinsed and dried well
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Slice tomatoes 1/2-inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, mix egg & milk.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Dip tomato slices in egg wash, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry tomato slices 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 255
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 230mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %