Skillet Squash Succotash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A traditional favorite in the Northeast, succotash is a colorful addition to any meal. This one's packed with squash, so it's extra-delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen butternut squash cubes, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute scallions and red pepper in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add squash, lima beans, corn, and water, stirring to blend. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!