Skillet Squash Succotash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A traditional favorite in the Northeast, succotash is a colorful addition to any meal. This one's packed with squash, so it's extra-delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen butternut squash cubes, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute scallions and red pepper in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add squash, lima beans, corn, and water, stirring to blend. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!