Skillet Summer Vegetables
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a fresh way to bring those summer flavors into your kitchen! With our recipe for Skillet Summer Vegetables you can whip up an easy side dish that has all those summer-fresh vegetables you love, like zucchini and tomatoes. This side dish will really make your dinner spread wonderful!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 summer squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
What to Do
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic and onion 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until tomatoes soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 10 to 15 more minutes, or until zucchini and squash are soft. Serve immediately.
- If you have any on hand, fresh basil and oregano make this dish taste even fresher!
- Have an abundance of zucchini and looking for tasty and creative ways to use it? Check out the many options on our website and take an extra close look at our Chocolate Zucchini Bread!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.