Slow Cookin' Collard Greens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We have to admit that we didn't used to be big collard green fans. But when they're cooked until really tender, with a little sugar in the water to cut the bitterness, it makes a big difference. Guess what? I'm enjoying my collards more and more these days.
What You'll Need
- 1 bunch (about 2 pounds) collard greens, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine collard greens, sugar, and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt. Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off liquid and add butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Continue cooking until collards are sizzling and they're coated with butter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.