We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn, snap peas and carrots give this recipe a Heartland taste, and soy sauce and lime juice give it a fusion-inspired flair. Try Snappy Salad tonight!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears fresh corn, hulled)
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
What to Do
- Bring a soup pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn, cover, and return to a boil.
- Remove pot from the heat, add sugar snap peas, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes; drain, and let vegetables cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, minced garlic, and salt.
- Cut cooled corn off the cob and add to the bowl along with the sugar snap peas and carrots. Add cilantro, if desired, and toss until well combined.
- Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.