Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the great thing about spaghetti squash recipes? Most of the time they cook up with the same tasty flavors as our favorite pasta, but without the heavy carbs and gluten. In fact, our Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet makes a perfect side dish, in place of potatoes or rice, but it's also yummy and filling all on it's own!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into spaghetti-like strands.
- Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat 2 to 4 minutes to absorb any excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!