Spanish Spinach Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your family's not crazy about spinach? Maybe with this Spanish-style creamed spinach loaf you'll change their minds.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and mix in the onion powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add the soup, spinach, bread crumbs, and eggs; mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter and cut into 1-inch slices.
This is a perfect make-ahead dish. Just reheat it as needed.