Spanish Spinach Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your family's not crazy about spinach? Maybe with this Spanish-style creamed spinach loaf you'll change their minds.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and mix in the onion powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add the soup, spinach, bread crumbs, and eggs; mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter and cut into 1-inch slices.
This is a perfect make-ahead dish. Just reheat it as needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.