Spanish Style Lima Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When I was growing up I never ate lima beans. I guess my mom never knew how to fix 'em. Well, here's a recipe for all moms and dads to try. I missed out on the yummy goodness of lima beans, but your kids won't have to!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil and sauté the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients; mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
The chili sauce gives the beans loads of flavor -- with so little work and in so little time!