Spicy Orange Beets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This side dish is a mix of everything great because it's nutritious and delicious! Add these Spicy Orange Beets to your meal and you've got an all around dish!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds small fresh beets
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
What to Do
- Leave root and 1-inch of stem on beets; scrub with a vegetable brush. Place beets in a saucepan, and cover with water. Cook beets over medium-high heat 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. Pour cold water over beets, and drain. Trim roots and stems, and rub off skins. Cut beets into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients in a large saucepan; gradually add orange juice, stirring mixture until smooth. Stir in butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add beets; cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Ever cooked beets from scratch? This recipe walks you through the method, step-by-step. But if you wanna get your side dish on the table in less than 10 minutes, you can substitute 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans of sliced, drained beets for fresh, and omit Step 1. Proceed with Step 2.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 225
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 377mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g 26 %
- Sugars 32g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!