Spring Vegetable Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Looking for a lighter and brighter meal option to welcome spring back into the kitchen? Try our Spring Vegetable Couscous! This recipe is packed with veggies and tastes great; that's why we make it every year in the Test Kitchen. You can serve it as a main course, or as a simple and refreshing side dish. Either way, this spring vegetable recipe is going to be an exciting springtime treat!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add peas, water, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous; mix well. Cover and allow to sit 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff lightly with a fork and serve.
So Many Options!
- We like to call this our "leftover couscous," because we can add leftover cooked veggies, chicken, or even shrimp to turn this fun side dish into a fill-ya-up main dish in moments.
- Check out these healthier dinner options! Try our Quinoa Shrimp Bowl and our Earthy Farro Salad!
- Want to enjoy some avocado? Make our Barbecue Salmon Salad, our Chicken Avocado Melt, or another of our Amazing Recipes with Avocado!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 303
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 9.5g 19 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 622mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.6g 22 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!