Stir Fried Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve this succulent side dish with any main dish and watch as whole gang oohs and ahhs. They'll go crazy for this Stir Fried Asparagus and you will too!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (2-ounce) package cashews, coarsely chopped and toasted (about 1/2 cup) (see note)
What to Do
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut spears into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, the bouillon granules, and next 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Add to asparagus, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Sprinkle with cashews, and serve immediately.
In addition to your cooktop, your oven is a handy-dandy tool for toasting nuts. Place cashews in an ungreased pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.