Stuffed Baby Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Use our meatless recipe for Stuffed Baby Eggplant to create a succulent Italian feast. It's both quick and fancy!
What You'll Need
- 6 baby eggplant, stems removed (see Preparation Tip)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5.5-ounce) can vegetable juice
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise; scoop out and coarsely chop the pulp.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat; add the chopped eggplant, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and garlic powder. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, the salt, and vegetable juice; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly into the eggplant shells and place on the baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender.
Be sure to use baby eggplant (each about 6 inches long) in this recipe, not full-sized ones.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.