We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Love Eggplant Parmigiana? Wait till you try our easy Stuffed Eggplant. If you're worried that an eggplant dinner recipe won't fill you up... think again! And if you've never eaten eggplant before, this is an easy way to get started. With a mix of cheese, ground beef, and veggies, this is one eggplant recipe that you're going to keep around.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the center, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Dice meat from center of eggplant; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced eggplant, the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and salt.
- Place eggplant shells on a rimmed baking sheet and fill with equal amounts of ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese then coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until eggplant shells are tender.
Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: 17 Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!