Stuffed Peppers on the Side
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stuffed Peppers on the Side are a hearty side dish that'll leave 'em satisfied but not stuffed!
What You'll Need
- 2 bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 anchovies, chopped or ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Boil pepper halves for 4 to 5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Remove from boiling water and plunge into cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened; do not burn. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers with mixture then place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 20 minutes.
Try stuffing mushroom halves, hollowed-out zucchini, garden-fresh tomatoes...the possibilities are endless. When using softer vegetables like these, you don't have to boil them first. Now, that's easy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!