We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Succotash is a traditional stew of corn and lima beans that originated with the Native Americans. Iâ€™m sure they would have been thrilled to have frozen veggies at their disposal to throw together this healthy and flavor-packed dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the scallions and bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining ingredients, stirring to blend. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
For some added sweetness, you can also add 1 teaspoon sugar.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.