Summer Tomatoes and Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When your garden is overflowing with luscious, ripe tomatoes, here's a delicious idea that'll become one of your regulars.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes at room temperature
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the marinade ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a shallow serving dish, arrange half of the tomato slices in a single layer; sprinkle half of the onion slices and parsley over the top and drizzle with half of the marinade.
- Repeat. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Serve.