Summer Tomatoes and Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When your garden is overflowing with luscious, ripe tomatoes, here's a delicious idea that'll become one of your regulars.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes at room temperature
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the marinade ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a shallow serving dish, arrange half of the tomato slices in a single layer; sprinkle half of the onion slices and parsley over the top and drizzle with half of the marinade.
- Repeat. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.