Swedish Not Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Of course, you like your regular baked beans, but why not try them with a Swedish touch when you want a change?
What You'll Need
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
What to Do
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water; mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the water, then add to the bean mixture, stirring constantly until heated through. Serve immediately or simmer until ready to eat.
Light or red kidney beans? You choose...maybe some of each.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!