Sweet Onion Stir-Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oh, those sweet spring fresh crunchy eat 'em-like-an-apple onions!! What they can do in stir-fry!
What You'll Need
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 to 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Salt or soy sauce to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder (optional)
What to Do
- Peel the onions and slice in half lengthwise; then slice into strips along the grain of the onion, forming strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Wash zucchini and trim away ends. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat peanut oil; saute onions, zucchini, and sesame seed over high heat, stirring frequently. Cook vegetables until just tender, remove from heat, and add salt and pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- Serve immediately.