Sweet & Sour Bean Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Beans, Beans, and more beans! This easy side dish is jam packed with 5 different kinds of beans, and some bacon for good measure. Once you try it, it'll be come one of your favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound lower sodium bacon, divided
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can butter beans, drained
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove to a paper towel-lined plate, and crumble. Drain off half the grease from pan, then add vinegar, brown sugar, onion, salt, garlic powder, and dry mustard. Cover and let simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the remaining ingredients and half the crumbled bacon. Pour sauce from pan over beans; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle remaining bacon over casserole. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.