Sweet and Hot Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These better-than-the-bar onion rings will satisfy your craving for something sweet AND hot! But we should warn you -- they're so good, you won't want to share them.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup club soda
- vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- Combine biscuit mix and red pepper in a medium bowl; stir in condensed milk and club soda.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- Dip onion rings into batter, coating well; fry, a few at a time, in hot oil until golden brown. Drain onion rings on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Steak with onion rings -- could be one of America's all-time favorite combos! Try our Garlicky Steak for a fabulous meal that'll cook up in minutes -- no reservations necessary!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.