Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage with Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Steamed cabbage is a winner every time, especially when it's got the extra flavor from apples in this sweet-and-sour version. Plus, it's a nice change from the traditional green veggies.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.