Tangy Harvard Beets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It sure doesn't matter what the calendar says the year is, it's always been a challenge getting kids to eat right. Maybe this colorful side dish will catch their eyes and win over their taste buds.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole baby beets, drained, with the liquid reserved from 1 can, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Add the reserved beet liquid, the cider vinegar, and sugar, whisking until thickened and the mixture is reduced by half. Add the beets and cook until heated through and glazed. Serve immediately.
Serve the baked loaf with the toasted bread cubes for dipping. (Fresh cut veggies work, too!)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.