Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is super beautiful next to your main course, super easy to serve because it's the "holder" and the vegetable all in one. When fresh corn isn't available, I use frozen or canned. You might try broccoli instead of the green beans. You can even turn this into a whole meal by adding some cooked rice or some cubed cooked turkey or chicken.
What You'll Need
- 6 medium-sized green bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked cut green beans
- 2 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash the peppers; slice off tops and remove seeds.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook peppers for 5 minutes; drain well.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter for 4 to 5 minutes, just until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, green beans, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper; stir in the onion.
- Fill peppers with the vegetable mixture; sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Place stuffed peppers in an ungreased baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until peppers are tender and vegetables are heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 236
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 8.7g 17 %
- Cholesterol 40mg 13 %
- Sodium 588mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 9.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.