We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For something out of the ordinary that's packed with veggies, try these pancakes for a tasty side dish. Sour cream and salsa really send 'em over the top!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 (11-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 7 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
What to Do
- Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet. Drop half of batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter. If desired, serve pancakes with sour cream and salsa.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.