We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Having a buffet party or need to prepare a dish to bring to one? This is your ticket to tons of raves.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (a 6-ounce can contains about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed or Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups waxed or green beans
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
What to Do
- In a skillet, heat oil until moderately hot; saute eggplant until browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, beans, and seasoned salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pour half of vegetable mixture into a greased 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining vegetable mixture and top with mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and browns.
Fresh, frozen, and canned beans all work well. If using fresh beans, be sure to cook them first. If using frozen beans, thaw them first. If using canned beans (16 ounces), be sure to drain them before adding to skillet. For a different taste treat, you can add a small chopped onion or other favorite veggies.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 559
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 63 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 836mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.0g 32 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %