Very Veggie Tempura
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Break out the chopsticks 'cause we're taking you on a trip to the Far East with our recipe for Very Veggie Tempura. We took some of your favorite veggies, coated them in a delicious batter, and fried them to perfection. So, get out your favorite dipping sauce and get ready to start dunkin'!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cold club soda
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil just until hot but not smoking.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and ground red pepper. Add club soda and mix well.
- Lightly dust the vegetables with remaining cornstarch then dip a few at a time into the batter. Gently place in the hot oil and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning to coat evenly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until all vegetables are cooked.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.
- Serve this with our Garlic Ginger Dipping Sauce, which is simply 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil whisked together in a bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make this your very own veggie tempura by using your favorite vegetables!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.