We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got a minute? Because it doesn't take much longer than that to cook this fresh Wilted Spinach side veggie that will keep everyone coming back for seconds.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- 3 bacon slices
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Remove stems from spinach. Wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels; tear into large pieces. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté onion in hot drippings in pan over medium heat until tender. Add spinach, parsely, and remaining 4 ingredients; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach wilts and is tender. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Wilting spinach cooks it in a jiffy and leaves it oh-so fresh tasting. If you want a shortcut, buy 2 (10-ounce) bags of pre-washed spinach and skip the first step!