New Green Bean Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The classic holiday green bean casserole gets a tasty Test Kitchen makeover, for a New Green Bean Casserole recipe you'll be applauded for. Whether for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this one will deliver lots of tasty excitement!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place green beans in baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk flour into milk over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Stir cheese into mixture then pour over green beans. Stir beans gently.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle French-fried onions on top, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until bubbly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!